Welcome to Blair Uncensored!
I'm excited to launch Blair Uncensored! Thank-you for stopping by! The idea for this blog was conceived in late 2016 after watching a reboot of a famous mother/daughter TV show and binge watching several shows within a small timeframe, all of which I had a MILLION opinions on. I took to the now defunct IMDB message boards to see if people were having the same reactions as me, and while they mostly were I also felt like some of the most obvious points weren't being discussed. Reading other sites around the web I found a lot of posts I mostly agreed with but couldn't find my exact thoughts on a matter anywhere.
After some thinking, I decided to create my own blog on all things in culture that I find interesting, which specifically involves TV, comedy, music, but I know other topics and genres will surface. I'm interested in exploring how culture reflects society and how society mimics pop culture. I want to give some exposure to talents who aren't totally recognized by the mainstream. I'm a total TV nerd who appreciates the blink-and-you -miss-it humor moments and I go crazy over inconsistencies in plot lines and character developments. It's about time I start a site dedicated to the things I naturally spend time thinking about!
Who am I? My name is Lauren-"Blair" Donovan and I've been at this blogging/putting content on the Internet game for almost 6(!) years. Currently my main two projects are blogging about quirky fashion at Grace Rock Kelly Roll and I'm apart of an online comedy duo at, Just Shair (Shannon + Blair=Shair....like the singer, hehe). In the past I've blogged about separation of church and state issues, but due to some prolonged health issues and a change in my longterm life goals, I opted to let that project go.
If you want to get a taste of well, my tastes, here's a quick snapshot of some of my favorite things:
- I'm currently watching Comedy Bang! Bang!, Cheers, Veep, Silicon Valley, Adam Ruins Everything, Real Time with Bill Maher, and will start watching the third season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt this weekend. I know there's others that are floating around in my current rotation, but these are probably the main ones currently.
- My favorite cancelled too soon shows are Freaks and Geeks and Don't Trust the B in Apt 23.
- Soap is my all-time favorite sitcom.
- Sonic Youth, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and Pulp are my favorite bands.
- I'm also obsessed with Motown and metal. I'd far from say I like "everything" (yikes), but my tastes can run the gamut.
I'll be getting into my opinion posts at the start of this upcoming week! Until then, have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!